Sciatica is a term which describes the pain that affects the back, hip, and outer side of the leg and is caused when the sciatic nerve is compressed or irritated. Usually, it is followed by numbness and a tingling sensation and it is often the reason why you stay in bed and take some painkillers.
You can relieve the sciatica pain with few stretches. Also, you can relieve the pain if you lie down on your back, bending your knees and supporting them with a chair. Make sure your knees are bent. Use a pillow for your head and you can watch TV in this position for at least 15 minutes. Moreover, you can also solve this problem with the help of essential oils and herbs.
You can simply apply the essential oil topically on your skin. But, the essential oil will need a carrier oil like sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil. Massage the affected place with these oils. You can make a wrapping with warm clothes in order to relax your muscles better.
- Mustard Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Juniper Essential Oil
- Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- Pepper Essential Oil
- Nettle Tea
- Saffron Tea
- Celery juice or tea can be very helpful against sciatica pain
- Fresh lemon juice- apply it topically directly on the impacted area. This is very effective
- Fresh oregano or thyme can be good addition in your bathwater
- Any combination you desire can be good addition in your bathwater (10 drops if your skin is sensitive or 15 if you have normal skin). The combination of juniper and mustard or pepper is very effective. (Remember that the combination of pepper and juniper is better than the combination of mustard and juniper).